Monday, November 22, 2010

SpikeTV Video Game Awards 2010

It's almost Thanksgiving, which means it's almost December, which means it's almost time for the Spike's anual Video Game Award show, or how I like to call it the "Anualy screaming at the TV night." Why you may ask, because it's a popularuty contest and nothing more. Most of the games that win, don't deserve it. For example, back in 2008 GTA4(Grand Theaf Auto 4) won GOTY(Game of the Year) over Metal Gear Solid 4. Now hold on and not being a MGS fanboy and saying GTA4 is a bad game, because is not, it's an amazing game and one of the best in the series. Infact, I still play it from time to time and I still enjoy it, am just saying that MGS4 should have won IMO(In my opinion), if you have a different opinion, that's ok , beacuse we all do. Now on to the main topic of this post, this year's nomanies and my opinion on who should win and why.





Game of the Year
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • God of War III
  • Halo: Reach
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Red Dead Redemption

This is a tought one, not only because all of them are great games, but for one of them being completely new.
I havent played RDR, so I can say anything about it, but from what I heard it deffenetly deserves to be there.
GOW3 and ME2 both have an amazing single player experience. COD:Black Ops and Halo Reach both have great and additing multiplayer, so there not a bad choise, but am gonna go for ME2 as my pick, not only does it have high replay value, but it fixes all, if not most of the problems first game had and has great DLC(Downlodable Content), with a good mixture of free and paid DLC, but it gets better. ME2 is comming to PS3 next January with "Hours of exclusive content," so by next year this game is gonna be better(well it's gonna be the same but it's gonna have more content).

Studio of the Year

  • BioWare
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Bungie Studios
  • Rockstar San Diego
I am gonna go with BioWare for this one, not only cause they gave us ME2, but they also gave us Dragon Age Origins The Awakenig Expansion AND Dragon Age Ultimate Edition(Original game+Expansion+ALL DLC). More content on a already amazing game is allways a plus.



Best Xbox 360 Game
  • Alan Wake
  • Fable III
  • Halo: Reach
  • Mass Effect 2

By now your probaly thinking am gonna choose ME2 again, well you gussed wrong. The reason being that ME2 is NOT an xbox 360 exclusive, and I strongly belive that exclusives should win the best game on the platform. Fable 3 is a great game and like ME2 it fixes some of the problems it's predasecor had, but is still not enought to be GOTY IMO. Alan Wake was suprisenly an amazing Thriller game(Insert Michael Jackson joke here), and which I higly enjoy, and Halo Reach was a great Love/GoodBye letter from Bungie to the fans. Basictly I would like for ethier Alan Wake or Halo Reach to win, but if I can only pick one I would pick Halo Reach for having a great Campaing, Great MP and Fun Co-op.

Best PS3 Game
  • God of War 3
  • Heavy Rain
  • Modnation Racers
  • Red Dead Redemption

RDR is out because of what I stated before. MNR is a wondefull combinaton of Mario Kart and Little Big Planet, and I still enjoy it to this day :) . As stated before GOW3 is an amzing game. Heavy Rain is pick, mostly because is a different experince every time you play it(unlees you make the same options every time, and if you do, shame on you).

Best Wii Game
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Metroid Other M
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

I havent played Kirby's Epic Yarn or DKC Returns, so I can say anything about them. Metroid Other M...................................... I dont want to talk about it. So Super Mario Galazy 2 gets my pick by almost deffult, I am prety sure if I had played Kirby and Donkey Kong, I still would have picked Mario.


Best PC Game
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V
  • Starcraft II Wings of Liberty

I will be honest with you all, I barely play PC games, and two of the games there are not exclusive to PC so I wont count them, but am prety sure SC2 is gonna win, but why shoudent it, it's a great RTS game.

Best Handheld Game
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
  • Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
  • Super Scribblenauts
I havent played Professor Layton or Super Srcibblenauts, so there out sorry :( . Both GOW and MGS a great games and both continue the story of their Charcarter and in a great way. Again ethier of them would b fine for my pick, but if I have to choose one, am choosing MGS, mostly because Hideo Kojima know how to tell a story.

Best Shooter
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  • BioShock 2
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Halo: Reach
To be honest, am not realy into shoters. Bioshock 2 was a "slight" dissapointing and dirrent catch my attention as much as the first one did. BF:BC2 SP wasent as great as the first one, but the MP sure was way better and more fun to. So my pick would be ethier Halo or COD, dosent realy matter which realy.


Best Action Adventure Game

  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
  • God of War III
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2


Though one,but I dont think Mario fits here, so he's out and so it's RDR. I already talk about GOW3, so lets go with AC: Brotherhood. Not a huge step up from last year's AC2 but still has alot of content to keep you busy PLUS a suprisenly addicting MP, I dont know how but UbiSoft makes great Stealth MP and AC: Brotherhood is a great example of that. basicaly AC: Brotherhood is my pick.

Best RPG
  • Fable III
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Mass Effect 2

I can sum up Fable 3 and Fallout New Vegas with the same words, great games but not great enought to be here.
FF13 is great but it has a few problems, but unlike the other 2 I do think it deserves to be here. So am picking ME2 again.

Best Multi-player
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Halo: Reach
  • Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

They all have great MP, but my pick(and most likely to win) is COD Black Ops, because it brings back the fun that COD4 MP had. COD World at War MP was great but not better and MW2 MP is horrible IMO.

Best Individual Sports Game
  • EA Sports MMA
  • Shaun White Skateboarding
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
  • UFC Undisputed 2010
Best Team Sports Game
  • FIFA Soccer 11
  • Madden NFL 11
  • NBA 2K11
  • MLB 10: The Show

I can sum up these two categories very fast, I dont like sports or play sports games. So I can't pick or think who will win.


Best Driving Game
  • Blur
  • Modnation Racers
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Split/Second

I havent played NFS or Spilt/Second so I can't say anything about it. Both MNR and Blur have a great chance for being alot like Mario Kart, but am picking MNR for having the ablity to create, share and play your racer, kart and track.


Best Music Game
  • Dance Central
  • DJ Hero 2
  • Def Jam Rapstar
  • Rock Band 3
Best Soundtrack
  • Def Jam Rapstar
  • DJ Hero 2
  • Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
  • Rock Band 3
Best Song in a Game
  • "Basket Case"
  • "Black Rain"
  • "Far Away"
  • "GoldenEye"
  • "Won't Back Down"
  • "Replay/Rude Boy Mashup"

I do play some music games, but in general I dont like music, so I can't realy pick or think who will win here, sorry again.


Best Original Score
  • God of War III
  • Halo: Reach
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Red Dead Redemption

Forgive me for being simple, but nothing can beat the Halo series music. So am picking Halo Reach.


Best Graphics
  • God of War III
  • Heavy Rain
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Red Dead Redemption

GOW3, I don't think anyone would dissagre, it realy shows what the PS3 can do.


Best Adapted Video Game
  • Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
  • Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
  • Transformers: The War for Cybertron

I realy dirent enjoy Lego Harry Potter or Scott Pilgrim, and just like Metroid Other M, I dont wanna talk about SW The Force Unleashed 2............. Both Spider-Man and Transformers are amzing adaptions of their source material, so even people not familiar with it can still enjoy it. As much as I like Spidey, am going with Transformers, it has alot of references to it's source material my favorite being the Universal Greeting
"Bah-weep-granna-weep-nini-bohn,"not only that but it has fun MP and co-op.

Best Performance By A Human Male

  • Daniel Craig as James Bond (Blood Stone 007)
  • Gary Oldman as Sgt. Reznov (Call of Duty Black Ops)
  • John Cleese as Jasper (Fable III)
  • Martin Sheen as Illusive Man (Mass Effect 2)
  • Nathan Fillion as Sergeant Edward Buck (Halo Reach)
  • Neil Pattrick Harris as Peter Parker/Amazing Spider-Man (Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions)
  • Rob Wiethoff as John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)
  • Sam Worthington as Alex Mason (Call of Duty Black Ops)
Best Performance by a Human Female
  • Dame Judi Dench as M (Blood Stone 007)
  • Danica Patrick as Danica Patrick (Blur)
  • Emmanuelle Chriqui as The Numbers Lady (Call of Duty Back Ops)
  • Felicia Day as Veronica (Fallout New Vegas)
  • Jennifer Hale as Commander Sheppard (Mass Effect 2)
  • Kristin Bell as Lucy Stillman (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood)
  • Tricia Helfer as Sarah Kerrican (Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty)
  • Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda Lawson (Mass Effect 2)

I dirent pay much attention to these people, so once again I can't pick or think who will win.

Best Downloadable Game
  • Costume Quest
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Monday Night Combat
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Lara Croft,no competition, except MNC, but am prety sure Lara Croft will win. It was another supresingly good game, mostly because the last few Tomb Raider Games werent realy that great.


Best DLC
  • BioShock 2 "Minerva's Den"
  • Borderlands "The Secret Armory of General Knoxx"
  • Mass Effect 2 "Lair of the Shadow Broker"
  • Red Dead Redemption "Undead Nightmare"

I can't speak for the Bioshock DLC or the RDR DLC, but am prety sure the RDR Undead NIghtmare DLC will win, because zombies make everthing better and I know people that just bought the game just to play that.

Best Independent Game
  • Joe Danger
  • Limbo
  • Super Meat Boy
  • The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Limbo is the only game I have play out of these, so by default it will be my pick. But it deserves it, it is a unique game and I think everyone needs to experince it.


Most Anticipated Game
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • BioShock: Infinite
  • Gears of War 3
  • Portal 2

WOW(Not World of Warcraft lol), this is by far the hardest of them all. Am not much of a shooter fan so am taking Gears 3 out. Portal 2 comes out in April, sence I we don't have to wait that long to play it am taking it out.
So it's between Batman and Bioshock..............While the original team and creator of Bioshock is working on Bioshock Infinite, I am going with Batman, because the orignal deffenetly said how a Batman game should be made and it drops everyones jaw after playing it, so I CAN'T wait for the suprises this one has in store for us.


Well, that was a LOOOOOOONG read, Hope you all enjoy it and till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment